The Community Preservation Coalition has expanded the number of CPA community representatives on our Steering Community, and we are now accepting applications for six new members. Candidates can be current or former members of local Community Preservation Committees, CPC administrators, local CPA advocates, or engaged municipal representatives. All are welcome to apply, though nominees must be from a CPA community that is a current member of the Coalition. Based on previous openings, we anticipate this will be a competitive process.
The Steering Committee formally meets four times per year to handle all matters relating to the operation of the Coalition. The Committee works on CPA policy issues, legislative changes to the Act, the Coalition budget and fundraising, statewide CPA outreach, and similar issues. Meetings are held on weekday mornings in Boston, typically at the offices of a Coalition member organization. Applicants should be available to attend these quarterly meetings in person. The Steering Committee also works on these issues in smaller committee groups such as the Legislative Committee, Nominating Committee, and Executive Committee. This work is done in the time between full committee meetings and relies heavily on conference calls and email contact rather than in-person meetings.
To be considered for nomination, please send the following by the close of business on October 31st:
- A short email or letter of interest that addresses the following:
- What is your connection to CPA (CPC member or staff, municipal official who works on CPA, CPA campaign committee work, etc.)?
- Why do you want to become a member of the Steering Committee, and what do you hope to accomplish?
- If you have particular experience in a CPA category (affordable housing, historic preservation, recreation or open space), please include details of your involvement.
- A personal bio or resume
- Email and phone number for two or three references that the nominating committee may contact. One of these references should be a member of your local Community Preservation Committee.
You can email this information to: email@example.com
The Coalition Steering Committee Nominating Committee will review applications and submit candidates for confirmation by the full Steering Committee prior to its December meeting.