The Massachusetts Department of Revenue (DOR) released the Community Preservation Trust Fund distribution for each CPA municipality today. In total, approximately $50 million was paid to the 189 communities eligible for a distribution. All CPA communities received a 21% match on round one of the trust fund distribution this year. Communities that adopted CPA with a full 3% local property tax surcharge received a higher percentage.
What Did My Community Receive In Today’s Trust Fund Distribution?
Click on the links below for details on this year's distribution and to view the specific distribution amounts for each community:
Statistics From This Year's Distribution:
- Total municipalities qualifying for a trust fund distribution on November 15, 2021: 189
- Match percentage received by municipalities with a CPA local property tax surcharge of less than 3%: 21%
- Match percentage received by municipalities with the maximum CPA local property tax surcharge of 3%: Range of 21% to 100%
- Total payout in first round distribution: $43,848,690
- Total payout in second round distribution: $3,763,230
- Total payout in third round distribution: $2,209,496
- Total payout for all rounds: $49,821,416
- Number of municipalities receiving a full 100% match: 8
- Community with largest Trust Fund distribution: Boston ($5,472,869)
- Community with the smallest Trust Fund distribution: Gosnold ($2,376)
- Month-to-month CPA Trust Fund collections at the state's Registries of Deeds
- To determine the exact distribution each community receives, DOR follows a formula in the CPA legislation that calls for up to three rounds of trust fund distributions. Learn more about how the statewide trust fund distribution works.